Walk & Talk – Dählhölzli Forest
When Sunday, 7 June at 14:00
Where Meeting at Thunplatz at the tram stop. We walk through the forest to Elfenau and back to the zoo, stopping at 1500 for drinks and snacks at the restaurant by the Aare river.
Contact Graham Tritt (attending the Philo Café from 11:30–13:30)
Deadline No registration needed. In the event of bad weather, the event will still be held
Come and try out the Rope Park if you are adventurous!
A good day. Three members at the philo café, where the topic was "wahr sein und wahr schein" . Seven met at Thunplatz, one went to Helvetiaplatz and could not find us. We lost ourselves in the Dählhölzli forest but we finally found the zoo. Around 15 people, mostly from meetup.com, found the flags waving on trees at the restaurant and talked about everything under the sun. And a few made it to Marzili, but surprisingly only a few were ready to go into the water. Next time we may have volleyball and table tennis as well.
These are suggested activities for Sunday - if you are not a cyclist and away our our planned tour
- Sunday Brunch at rest. Dählhölzli or Old Tram Depot ...
- Philo café (in German)* at 11:30-13:30 in Muristalden School
- Walk and talk, at 14:00 from Thunplatz direction Elfenau
- Rope park (www.ropetech.ch)
- Berne zoo (www.tierpark-bern.ch)
- Restaurant for a snack at 15:00 (http://www.daehlhoelzli.ch/)
- Aare walk (upriver past flamingo colony and other nature areas)
- Aare walk downriver and swim or volleyball at Marzili
Monday 20 at 6:30pm - Burns Night at the Pickwick - Sorry the pub is full, and also on 27 January. Next year I must remember to try to book 2 months in advance. Reserve by 16 January for the Burns Supper of the Swiss British Society (CHF 50) which is on Saturday 1 February.
Instead, on Monday 20, attend the Light Festival of Murten. Meet at 6 pm at the Berntor gate of the town (30 minutes by train from Berne) and at 6:30 pm for an Apero on a boat in the lake. For details see www.icberne.ch/item/1245069